10.12.2011

Goodbye.

WARNING-THIS POST CONTAINS KIND OF GRAPHIC DETAILS (BLOOD)
You've been warned.

Alright. So I've been going back in forth on whether or not I should blog about this. But I've decided that it's something that I shouldn't be ashamed of and that writing about it could be therapeutic. Also, I'm not writing this so that you all will feel bad for me. With all that said here it goes.

Sept. 18, 2011- I had just gotten home from visiting teaching and it was my 21st birthday. I was about a week overdue on my period so I thought just for kicks I'll take a pregnancy test. I'm somewhat unpredictable in the Aunt Flo department. So I took the test, and it came out POSITIVE! I was sooooo excited and couldn't wait to tell Randy and our families.

Oct. 5th, 2011-One more week until our 1st appointment. I was so exited to see and hear baby. I was 8 weeks pregnant and so far it had been really easy. No sickness really and just exhaustion and heartburn.

Oct. 10, 2011- I get home from work and change and notice blood. I fall to the ground and start bawling-heaving sobbing and plead with Heavenly Father that the baby is ok and that this is just light spotting from my uterus growing. I'm still bawling when Randy gets home from school and I tell him what's up. We pray and he gives me a blessing that me and baby will be ok. I'm 9 weeks. While he was giving me a blessing and while we prayed, we had a feeling of peace. That everything would be ok. We didn't know if that meant that baby was ok, or that we'd be ok if baby was gone. 

Oct. 11, 2011- I get up and the bleeding is worse, the cramping is worse. I skip school and lay in bed all day. By 1 pm, the cramping is to the menstrual cramping point and the blood is heavier. I'm panicking. So we head to the ER. After blood tests, urine test, two ultrasounds and 3 hours of waiting, they come in  to tell me that there is no baby and that they believed that I miscarried. The ultrasound tech couldn't find a baby and my cervix was open. The hormones were still high and we're going in tomorrow to make sure they're going down.

I was devastated. I was stoic when he told me, but as soon as he left, the waterworks were on. 

Why?? 

How??

These questions keep coming to my mind. I'm absolutely heartbroken. I really wanted this child and couldn't wait to see it today. My heart goes out to all those ladies that have lost a child in pregnancy. It's the worst. I just wanted to hold him/her. I just wanted to love him/her.

I can't wait for the millennium to see him/her. I can't wait to meet him/her and let him/her know how much I love them.

Maybe there was something wrong? Maybe my body just wasn't ready for this first one? Maybe he/she was too special to come to this crazy world. He/she is incredibly lucky to be back with our Heavenly Father and our Brother Jesus Christ.

I'm incredibly happy for those of my friends that are pregnant! It will be hard to see them grow and think that I would be at that stage too. But I have faith that all will work out. All I know is I can't wait to start trying to conceive again and have a little one inside me again. We're going in today to talk to my doctor and make sure everything is ok and ask him my questions and concerns.

Thanks to all my friends and family that have been so supportive and been a shoulder to cry on.

3 comments:

  1. Oh no, I'm so sorry Kayleigh! That would be so horrible. You and Baby are in my prayers. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kayleigh, I know this was probably so hard for you to write. I am so sorry for you and Randy's loss. It's probably so so hard to start thinking something like this is going to happen and then it doesn't. But you are strong!! And I am sure you will have many children in the future, this little one probably just needed a body and that was all, and it's so amazing that you were able to do that for him/her. Anyways I hope you are doing better!! I've always thought you were such a great woman, a class act!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kayleigh & Randy,
    I just wanted to tell you how sorry I am that you've experienced this loss. JJ and I (and Andy) send our love, prayers, and kind thoughts.
    Love,
    The Bargers

    ReplyDelete