4.10.2013

2 months

I cannot believe Ryker is two months old! It's flown by so fast.

Some highlights:
-He can hold his head up. He's basically been able to do this from the beginning. Burping him is a chore because he is all straight up and down. No snuggles while burping.

-He's not much of a snuggler anymore. He will do it when he is tired, but that sleepy newborn stage (that I miss SO much) is gone.

-He has found his hands! He will gnaw on them for awhile.

-He has found his voice. He is quite chatty!! We love talking with him. He is quite aware of when we are around and talking to him

-He has found his smile. He will respond to smiles. It's the best.

-He laughs!! It's my favorite!

-Still eats like a champ. We are trying to get him used to a bottle for at least one feeding. But it's a lot of work pumping and stuff. We need to just in case though.

-We blessed him March 24th. He looked quite dapper :)

-Has yet to sleep through the night. Sometimes we get lucky and he'll sleep from 9-4am, but right now it's about 9-2 or 3 then 6 always.

-He can roll over from his tummy to his back. He is quite strong. Changing his diaper and dressing him is sometimes a chore because he resists.

He is the love of our lives and we are so happy to have him here. I love everything about him.

Randy has two more weeks of spring semester left! He has been doing his clinicals at American Fork HS and helps with the spring sports. He helped with basketball while I was in my last month or two and I would go with him, but just walk the stairs and halls to get Ryker out!
Most exciting news for us right now?? Randy will get to do his next clinical assignment with the BYU Football team!!! He says that sometimes they are just glorified water boys...but who cares!? He gets to be with the team and travel for a few with them. It will be an eventful fall that's for sure!!

As for me, I just did my first wedding post partum. It was awesome and fun but so tiring!! I forgot how long those days are-blisters and all. I have another one coming up in May as well as starting a summer semester at UVU. I am hoping to graduate in the fall, but I have no idea how we are going to balance school, clinicals, and Ryker. It's hard. But we know that Ryker is here at the right time and we will figure it out!

Oh! And we hiked the Y here in Provo. It was pretty intense being the first big workout in a year. But a good one!

Peace and blessins'









No comments:

Post a Comment