5.26.2011

Best Day EVER...besides my wedding day :)

OH MY LANTA.

Guys.
Let me tell you about the best day ever.
This last Tuesday.
Salt Lake City.
Rice Eccles Stadium.
Adam.
Larry.
The Edge.
Bono.
U2.
AMAZING!



From the moment they stepped out, to the moment they left, I had a big ol' smile on my face.
This was Randy's first concert. 
He loved it.
I wish that we had been on the floor with my family so we could have rocked out, but regardless of where you were, it was spectacular. 

I grew up listening to U2. In the car, at my house, anywhere. They were a staple and you could always find a CD of their's anywhere.

My favorite part was seeing sexy Larry.


Seriously check him out...Mmmmmm.

They are all shexy. Besides Adam...he's a little goofy looking. Just saying.

(Adam, the Edge, Bono, Larry)

Seriously they put on an AMAZING show. I didn't want to leave. They are so fun and love to engage with the crowd. It's funny. I feel like I know them personally. I see them on stage and I'm thinking, "Ya that's my boy Bono." :) I think if I met them though, I'd poop my pants. Seriously.

It's my dream.
(Not to poop my pants. To meet them.)

The thing I love most about them, is the music. Their lyrics are genius. 

"All I Want is You"
You say you'll give me eyes in the moon of blindness
A river in a time of dryness
A harbour in the tempest.
All the promises we make, from the cradle to the grave
When all I need is you.

He can promise everything on this world, but all I want and need is my Randy Shmmandy :)

Basically the whole song "Beautiful Day" is magic. My favorite part is: 
What you don't have you don't need it now
What you don't know you can feel it somehow
What you don't have you don't need it now
You don't need it now, you don't need it now
Beautiful day

Okkkkkkk. I was going to do a bunch of songs, but there are too many that are just too awesome. Seriously though, words to live by. 

I listen to their songs and look at my life and wonder what I can change.

While at the concert, I realized that this world, including myself, is just so selfish and out of line with reality. I want to focus more on others and who and how I can help and life would be happier. Be grateful for what I have and for the things that I've been blessed to do and people I've met. God is good. He loves us and wants to bless us. All around us are blessings. Get out of our own little world and see what's going on around us. Have fun. Life a fun life and love the life you live. Play hard, work hard. Be kind. Be true. Be you.

Google them :)


Love you U2.

No comments:

Post a Comment