11.24.2012

Thanksgiving

Well this week has been fun...and out of the blue :) Randy and I had planned not to come to Idaho for Thanksgiving because we had just been up for a wedding the weekend before and had to go home (Provo) for two days of class before Thanksgiving break. My family was going to come down and spend it in Utah with us. But last minute, Randy and I decided it was just smarter for us to go up to Idaho and spend Thanksgiving with my extended family. So we did! So after our two days of class, we headed up to Idaho. We got there early Wednesday morning and I went to the chiropractor and got my hair cut. It was so nice on my little (BIG) pregnant body to get adjusted and my hair is MUCH better and easier to do. Thursday, we spent Thanksgiving out at the Bitter's house and had LOTS of people there actually. I don't believe that it will ever be the same--like it used to be with ALL of us there. But it's still nice to get together as family and catch up on life. Then that night, we went to the movies and decided of all movies to go see Breaking Dawn: Part 2. :) It's nice to have seen it to have "closure" as it's now over, but to be honest, I wasn't impressed. I was just happy and grateful my dad would even take the whole family to the movies. Just to be together :) Friday, we cleaned house. Keegan get's home on Wednesday so we were cleaning rooms and bathrooms and de-cluttering, just getting ready. And I was loving it. This nesting phenomenon is quite enjoyable. I just wish I had more time to do it at my own house without having school and such because when school is out, I'm afraid I'll be too big to do anything!! I also did some photoshoots with Karissa and her friend which was great. My whole family was all just messing around with the studio lights and taking goofy pictures, including me....I should go delete those :)

The pregnancy is still great! My weight gain is right on track-but the doctor said I was measuring a little big. LET'S HOPE THIS ISN'T A 9 lb BABY!! :) I was 8 lbs. 10 oz. I don't know what Randy was. But I'm really starting to feel the tiredness and exhaustion. It's just harder for me to do the little things. I cannot wait to meet this little guy! It's going to fly by I know it! We have the holidays and I have two weddings left to shoot....ya....He'll be here before we know it!

How far along? 28 weeks 3 days
Total weight gain/loss: 20 lbs gained
Maternity clothes? Yes
Stretch marks? Yes...super downside...It's all good though. Worth it!
Sleep: It's on and off.
Best moment this week: Hearing the baby's heartbeat
Have you told family and friends: Yes. I'm sure the whole world knows now :)
Miss Anything? Energy. I'm always tired.
Movement: Yes! I love it.
Food cravings: Candy...sweets...you know--the healthy stuff ;) Or just food in general...just want to eat all the time!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope. Still can't do mexican food though....authentic mexican.
Have you started to show yet: You betcha! 



We will be coming BACK to Idaho on the weekend of the 9th to hear Keegan report his mission. I'm sad that I wont be able to see him at the airport, but I have school that I have to be to. Finals is the week after that so it's crunch time! It will be good to catch up with him and see him! Come listen to him Dec. 9th at 1 pm!

Well, Thanksgiving has been great. I love the holiday and being able to reflect on what I'm grateful for. But I'm sad that Thanksgiving is also associated with gifts and getting more stuff. I told Randy I really didn't need or want anything for Christmas. I'm just so blessed already and grateful for what I have. I have an amazing, patient, long-suffering ;), handsome, hardworking husband and I'm still so shocked that I got so lucky to marry the man I dreamed of marrying! He's been SO amazing this whole pregnancy and I can only imagine the amazing father he will be. He can't wait to shnuggle with our little dude. I have this little bundle of joy inside of me that kicks and moves and I love him so much already--I can't imagine the love I will feel when I hold him in my arms and get to snuggle him too! I have a beautiful, warm, safe home that we are so lucky to have. I have amazing neighbors, family and classmates. I'm so blessed to have been born into the Gospel of Jesus Christ and know that my Savior lives and loves.

I hope your holidays are great and that you take time to reflect on what's most important.

No comments:

Post a Comment