12.31.2012

Christmas 2012

Can I just say how crazy it is that Christmas has come and gone again!? Time sure flies! This year, Randy and I have taken 3 weeks off! A little excessive?? Yes. But that's ok, because I don't think that it's going to happen again....ever. And I'll just note here. I have been so bad at taking pictures this year. I seriously didn't take any pictures over the break of family and such. Life goes on :)

So after a successful semester (yahoo!), we took off on the 13th of December to Idaho. We knew we'd be coming back and forth, but it's been more of a hassle than we planned. We stayed in Shelley, Randy snowmobiled, I was lazy, and we spent that week with my family. I did a bridal session on the 21st here in Shelley, then we took off to Logan for the wedding the next day. Oh goodness was that an adventure and I loved it. It was weird-even though we are alone together a lot, it still felt good to get away from home and the everyday and go explore together. We stayed at a hotel that had an AWFUL bed-This momma did not sleep very well. The next morning we got up, ate breakfast at a fabulous place there in Logan called the Center Street Grill. YUMMMMMM-O! We actually ate dinner there the night before and it was delicious as well. Then it was off to the temple to shoot the wedding! After the wedding, we drove straight back to Shelley for the reception and boy was that a long day on this pregnant body. It's amazing how your body changes while pregnant and how things become more difficult.

After that wedding, we went to church the next day and then headed up to Island Park for a couple days of beautiful snow and lots of family! There were 20 or so of us up there and even had to rent a second cabin to fit us all comfortably. It was fun to do Christmas up there. This year was a bit different with me being pregnant. I couldn't go sledding, so I played with nieces and nephews, played some cards, watched movies and just bummed around :)

I came back to Shelley on the 26th and on the 27th went with my mom to Utah for the ultrasound (see previous post). The roads were great until we hit Brigham City and then they were just horrible. Luckily my in-laws let us borrow the truck! I shot another wedding the 28th and we came back the 29th. The back and forth traveling is not fun. My ribs start to hurt really bad after 4 hours in a car!

So this week, we will just be bumming around some more. It's good for Randy to be home and spend time with his family and his brother. I swear they are attached at the hip ;) I kind of wish I was home "nesting" and getting ready for this baby, but it's all good. I have another baby shower on Friday and then I think we will be home free. Randy starts school next Monday or Tuesday I believe. I will be taking the semester off with the new baby!

I'm so grateful for family, for Randy, for how blessed we are and the fun things we get to enjoy! I'm excited for this new year and to see what it will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment