9.26.2014

Welcome to Texas!!

A week after we got back from Idaho, my Dad and brother came to Texas for a visit! They got to see our new house, meet our ward, tour Dallas and see some games!

The day they flew in, we all went to a Texas Rangers vs. Atlanta Braves game. First we went and had some BBQ food at Fat Cows in Lewisville. I'm not a huge fan of bbq but everyone else thought it was pretty good. I was really looking forward to have them feel the Texas heat and feel a little bit of our pain. ;) But that weekend was actually really nice and cool--60's-70's. We actually had to pack jackets...but forgot the rain ponchos! Sadly, the Braves lost and it was misty/rainy most of the game. I had joked that they were selling hot chocolate when we first got there, but by 9pm I was wanting some!

The next day, my Dad and brother went to another Ranger/Braves game and I'm pretty sure we (Randy, Ryker and I) just bummed around. I never remember much these days....
Anyways, they got back and we got ready to head to AT&T stadium for the Advocare Cowboys Showdown: Texas Longhorns and UCLA Bruins. We were going as Texas fans for the night because if they won, it would make our BYU Cougars even that more awesome for beating them. Randy and Keegan even donned their BYU apparel and got plenty of comments about it. :) There was lots of tailgating going on. Something that I wish that BYU did more. I hear they are getting better at it and letting people do it. But this tailgating was a little different....you could smell the alcohol. And then everyone inside was also drinking. I'm sure those that drink are probably like...."What's the big deal?!??!" It's just so different than what I am used to! Plus I don't understand why you would continue to buy $8-9 beers all night....waste of money. Feel free to explain....
Back to the game. We were able to get really good seats at a really good price and had a blast. It was a really intense game and there were actually a lot of UCLA fans there too so it made it a really good game with lots of noise! It was cool that it was at the Cowboys stadium because I didn't know if we would honestly ever go there for a game because I could care less for the NFL and paying ridiculous amounts of money to go. If anything it would have just been for a tour. So that's another thing we can check off of our list: Go to a game at Cowboys Stadium! It really is quite huge and the screens in there are bigger than you would imagine. Made it hard to watch the actual game! Grateful for my Dad for getting us tickets!



Sunday we did the whole church thing and then my Dad and Keegan went to yet another Rangers/Braves game. Sadly, the Braves lost all three games that weekend. They were pretty bummed! (Funny note, the speaker in sacrament meeting spoke on keeping the sabbath day holy HA!)

Monday was our hang around the house day. We started the day by going to Fort Wildflower and playing. I did some laps around the park while Ryker and Grandpa played. Uncle Keegan and Grandpa went and did some touring in the Dallas Area. I think they went to the temple this day and probably found some more bbq food. That night, we went to a place called Alfredo's for my birthday dinner. I was feeling italian but I was sick of Olive Garden. So we tried this Mom and Pop place. It was really good and here in Lewisville.

Tuesday Dad and Keegan went to the JFK museum and some other landmarks in Dallas then ate at Pecan Lodge...supposedly the best bbq in Texas. They were pretty happy about it! They came home for a bit and then got ready to go back to Idaho. Unlucky for them, they had a 4 hour layover in Denver. NOT FUN!

We had lots of fun and had lots of firsts as Randy and Ryker went to their first MLB game, first time at AT&T stadium and my first Braves game. First time trying restaurants and their first time in Texas! We sure love having family come and visit us and seeing our lives here in the South. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment